ROIL Projects Inc.
A career not just a job.
ROIL Projects Inc. is looking for workers with a strong work ethic, and who will perform quality work. Above all else – we expect that you are safe in all aspects of our work and provide exceptional service, with both consideration and respect to the client and your fellow workers. If you’re into that, please click one of the buttons below to learn more about the different careers we have available.
Requirements for Employment
- Applicant must be a Canadian Citizen or have Landed Immigrant status.
- Applicant must be 17 years of age or older.
- Applicant must be Physically Fit to do construction work and complete your daily duties:
- Must be capable of completing an industry related physical fitness test.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs throughout your day.
- Capable of repetitive motions, bending, and/or kneeling for long periods of time throughout your day.
- Capable of working outside, all day, in extreme weather conditions – from winter temperatures of -40c to summer temperatures of 20c+.
- Must be able to pass a standard Drug and Alcohol Test.
- As an employee you are required to supply your own basic tools and gear. (see tools and gear lists)
- Qualified applications will be forwarded to our hiring committee and if we would like more information from you or have a position available we will contact you. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Personal Tool List
|Framing and Finishing hammer||One for bashing, one for finer work.|
|Trim bar (painter’s bar)|
|Pliers||Standard and needle nose|
|Tape measure||25′ stanley fat max or similar recommended.|
|Cordless drill/impact driver||18v with bit kit (Robertson, slot, Phillips, hex sockets)|
|Cordless tool set|
Clothing / Gear List
|Personal + Work Gear||Notes|
|PPE – Hard hat|
|PPE – Hi-vis outer layer||Jacket, vest or shirt.|
|PPE – CSA Work boots (at least 6″ – no low tops/shoes)||Mandatory.|
PPE – Safety glasses/side shields
(2 pairs are advisable)
Bring a case for your glasses, they scratch easily when not being worn. Many employees have issues with fogging lenses – be prepared to wear them all day.
Buy a pair that fits comfortably + doesn’t sit too close to your face, ventilation helps them not fog up. If you bring safety sunglasses, bring a clear pair for working in low light.
|PPE – Work gloves of choice||Appropriate for the temperature you’ll be working in.|
|Hearing protection of choice||Make sure you can wear it while wearing your hard hat.|
|Rain coat and pants||Hi-vis, or wear a hi-vis vest overtop.|
Required Courses & Certificates
Required Certifications needed for employment with ROIL Projects Inc. Equipment Division:
- CSTS – construction safety training system (can be completed online or in class)
- First Aid Level One (must be done in class)
- Telehandler Ticket
- Driver’s License
- Fall Protection
- WHMIS (can be completed online)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (can be completed online)
Current Job Openings
- Full time
- Competitive salary with benefits
- Grande Prairie location
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Diploma in office administration or equivalent program
- 2 years experience working in an office environment
- Experience with Quickbooks and related programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in data entry and receptionist duties an asset
Special Consideration for Applicants with
Experience or education in HSE programs for construction and oilfield related business
Journeymen / Apprentice Carpenters / General Labourers
Job Description: ROIL Projects Inc. is currently looking to hire Journeymen and Apprentice carpenters, as well as general labourers for upcoming projects. We are a quickly growing company, with many great opportunities for those that are willing to learn and grow alongside us.
- Experience an asset but will train the right candidates
- Being able to work away from home for extended periods of time is a must (camp/hotel work)
- 21 on and 7 off rotation
- Fly in / Fly out projects
- Potential for benefits after 3 month probation period
- Great attitude and willingness to work
- Pre-access screening
- Ability to show up on time and be fit for duty
Required Courses (Journeymen / Apprentice Carpenters)
- CSTS 2020
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation)
- Valid Drivers Licence with Clean Abstract
- First Aid
- Fall Arrest
Modular Required Tool List
- 6” speed square
- Tape measure (min 16’)
- Chalk Line
- 11-in-1 Screw drivers (multi driver)
- Torpedo level
- Linesman pliers
- Knife with blades
- Carpenter pencils
- Cat’s paw nail puller
- Construction hammer
- Tin snips
- Channel locks
- Crescent wrench (10”)
- Impact or drill with batteries and charger
- Bit set including:
- Flat head
- Robertson #0 to #3
- Tool Pouch (Not required but highly recommended)
Follow Us on Social Media