Picker trucks and knuckle boom cranes are used by our technicians to safely and efficiently execute lifts. Our picker trucks at ROIL Projects Inc. have been designed in a variety of configurations for maximum versatility. Below we describe the type of project where a picker truck or knuckle boom crane would be used.
- The most obvious use would be for lifting heavy and awkward loads. The possibilities are fairly endless in this respect, the versatility of an articulating knuckle boom picker truck is truly astounding and are used in every industry imaginable. From lifting engines, natural gas compressors, electric motors and modular buildings to windows, roof trusses, construction materials, rooftop heating and a/c equipment. If you need something hoisted that is too heavy to manually lift a “picker truck” is the answer!
- Hoisting technician(s) up in aerial work platforms (man baskets) to access work areas that are at great heights.
- Using attachments affixed to the end of the boom to install specific equipment to buildings and structures at height. For example, to install windows, panels, a/c units, etc.
- Hoisting in very tight spaces. Picker trucks are exceptionally maneuverable and can get into tight areas or areas that don’t allow for very much room to rig up for a lift, where a mobile crane requires a lot of room to set up – a “picker” is far more versatile.
- Pickers are exceptionally quick to set up and operate. When speed is of importance, picker trucks can operate with exceptional speed and precision.